Sunday, October 29, 2017

Cake and Cat Birthday Card

Hello!!! I couldn't let National Cat Day go by without posting a card with a cat. My stash is very low on birthday cards so I made the Cake and Cat Birthday Card using the sketch from the Inky Paws Challenge. The main image and sentiment are from the Newton Loves Cake stamp set and the word bubble is from the Newton's Day Dream set. Copic markers were used to color the image. I decided to color Newton like a flame point siamese... if we ever adopt another kitty I would love to have a flame point. When I was digging for patterned paper I found the Party Time paper pad by Echo Park and decided it would make a nice gender neutral card. I'm hoping this card would work for a man or woman... what do you think? Cardstock colors are Emerald Envy and Pumpkin Pie both by Stampin' Up! and the final touch were three sequins. That's it! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

This Cake and Cat Birthday Card is entered into the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. love it Andrea sweet kitty and great candle paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the fun birthday papers in the background and the beautiful coloring on the image! Thanks for getting inky with us and linking up to our inky paws challenge!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect Birthday card, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a darling card! The papers are so fun with this Newton image! Nicely done! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inky Paws Challenge!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha this is gorgeous! You've coloured your kitty beautifully. Such a fun card, thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Siamese kitty Andrea. Who wouldn't want to take a nap next to an awesome piece of cake! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Love how you colored Newton, and I love that paper! Thanks for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊